ONLINE BASIC PLUS FIRST AID
This course is perfect for those first aiders in the workpalce, community groups, coaching sports or looking after the whanau who want to know what to do when a medical emergency occurs.
You will cover online
- Preparing to help (your role, personal safety, when to help).
- Calling 111 and activating your own emergency action plans.
- CPR & Automated External Defibrillation (AED).
- Primary & secondary patient assessments for unconscious & conscious patients.
- Providing first aid for sudden injury (serious bleeding, shock, amputation, impaled objects, spinal & brain injuries, concussion, swollen, painful & deformed limbs, burns, nose bleeds & injured tooth).
- Providing first aid for sudden illness (stroke, diabetes, seizure, asthma, allergic reaction, poisoning, heart attack, abdominal pain.
- Heat & cold emergencies
- Bites & stings
Upon succesful completion you will:
- Receive a Medic First Aid e-certificate that will be valid for two years. This does not include assessment for NZQA unit standards.
Be eligible to attend one of our practical workshops in Auckland or Wellington withinn 3 months from date of completion to refresh your current Workplace, Comprehensive, or equivalent certificate.First Aid Practical Day
Group / corporate practical sessions can be delivered onsite Nationwide upon request. Additional costs may apply.
You will need a broadband internet connection to access the online component of the course. Please note that the speed of broadband differs and at the slower speeds you will notice some graphics take time to load.
Cost $50.00 incl GST per person*
Duration 3 - 4 hours online.
If you're interested in learning more about this course, we'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to book yourself or staff members onto this course give us a call on 0800 11 21 31 or click on the link below: